AV Assistant Project Leader Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tysons, VA 22102, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an AV Assistant Project Leader to join our team at our client’s site in Tysons, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall administration, organization, and implementation of small to medium-sized projects, or a part of larger, more complex projects. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver' s license, and a satisfactory driving record. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance with our policy.
- Experience as lead on AV or System-based projects from proposal through close out: handling estimates, contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum, specifications, change orders, RFIs, and submittals.
- Experience with technical writing and proposals.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, estimates and schedules.
- Experience reading blueprints, knowledge of codes, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the AV industry.
- Manage AV system support to meet service level agreements and project requirements.
- Resolve complex system issues for AV systems and networks.
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and system administrators
- Interface with internal and external customers.
- Conduct research and development of entire systems and analyze all interoperability and constructability scenarios.
- Read blueprints, schematics and statements of work (SOW).
- Coordinate with field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential installation issues.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim security clearance immediately upon employment.
- Bachelor' s degree and 5 - 7 years of experience or Master' s degree with 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Ability to develop on a wide variety of hardware and platform stacks.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and the coordination of manpower and resources.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various projects.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, experience using sophisticated Project Mgmt software, Cost software, and CAD/Micro station.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objectives.
- Exceptional MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills.
- Experience with scheduling.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications:
- Active security clearance preferred, will consider if eligible to obtain one.
- Crestron Certified Programmer (Silver, Gold, and Master levels)
- Biamp and/or AMX Certified Programmer, CTS-D
- Node, JS, C#, SIMPL#, SIMPL# PRO, JSON, AMX
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.