Art Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redwood city, CA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Art Director to join our team at our client’s site in Redwood city, ca.
- Take a hands-on approach. We’re growing fast and every leader is also a strong practitioner. Your expertise in using design tools (e.g., Adobe InDesign) will be put to good use.
- Define the creative vision for our brand in the short, medium, and long-term, with milestones, and clear tactics at each stage
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals and scale the team through improved systems and processes, streamlining how we work on creative projects
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex briefs into simple, compelling ideas and highly engaging, world-class design
- Partner directly with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven advertising campaign programs, uplevel product launches, and more
- Establish schedules for long-term projects, plan tasks accordingly, and ensure goals and deadlines are met
- Manage the design team budget including selecting and onboarding tools and other resources and ensuring design work stays within budget
- Mentor, motivate, and supervise, and grow the creative team
- Identify and build out new functions to scale the team—whether it be hiring in-house or partnering with contractors/agencies.
- Share best practices and innovative creative solutions from the competitive landscape with a continuous pulse on current trends.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience on high-performing design teams, ideally in the developer tools space
- Portfolio showcasing B2B design, creative range, and exceptional attention to detail
- Acute foundational graphic design, typography, and color theory
- Strong collaborative skills working across various teams and disciplines to accomplish key goals
- Skilled in presenting and explaining your work, process, decisions, and rationale to cross-functional stakeholders (including design-minded teammates and those who are less familiar with design best practices)
- Passionate about the details and excited to keep pushing your team’s work until it’s pixel-perfect and world-class
- Comfort with ambiguity and change in a fast-moving hyper-growth environment
- Experience with both in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Experience across the full palette of brand expression: print, web, physical, events, social media, and motion
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.