Application Software Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, CO 80027, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Application Software Engineer II to join our team at our client’s site in , .
The ideal candidate will excel in a demanding, fast-paced, and evolving environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile and highly motivated team to accomplish the first of its kind commercial winged-body spacecraft. This person will help develop tools that effectively manage various datasets from a variety of business tools to coordinate and collate data for utilization by Assembly Integration & Test task prioritization and execution. We are looking for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on the Dream Chaser Program.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop highly reliable application solutions integrating data from independent business systems
- Create new applications and work flows that meet current needs with consideration of a transition into future and more permanent business applications and software
- Streamline and maintain existing data processing tools
- Develop new database applications including user interface and back end interfaces of existing business systems
- Collaborate with multifunction teams to establish data architecture, work flows and automated metrics reports
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline or 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Code development, test and deployment experience in Python, SQL, MS Access and VBA
- Experience in testing and database infrastructure setup for SQL Server or similar
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operation/process issues/improvements to accomplish business objectives
- Strong knowledge of project planning and execution
- Understanding of analysis and software development life cycle methodologies (business requirements documents, data flow diagrams, use case tool analysis, work & process flow diagrams, Agile)
- Working knowledge of business process to be able to effectively drive solutions as experienced in large corporate environments
- Collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Systems modeling background using Unified Modelling Language techniques or similar
- Data Governance understanding and experience managing data integration, modelling, and master data
- Experience using PDM/PLM systems such as Windchill and Enovia 3D Experience software
- Confident and competent in communication across departments and at different levels of leadership
- Specific experience in aerospace industry preferred but not required
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.