Application Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Mateo, CA 94401, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Application Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in San Mateo.
In the role of vehicle application engineer, candidate will be responsible for writing new pieces of software and modifying existing software to integrate onto there autonomous test vehicles to test new functionality. This position is very hands on, meaning it is part software development and on vehicle testing. The ideal candidate will have strong C++ and networking knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot issues on vehicle and to conduct testing on vehicle. New functionality that will be developed will revolve around their autonomous driving software stack and will include topics like, detection and perception algorithm implementation, data fusion and localization, path planning and vehicle control interface. You will work with experts in autonomous driving located around the world as you implement and test new software solutions.
- Development of new functions with a simplified ‘V cycle’ for research projects or customer pre-developments or public projects
- Leading and/or performing the system development process: technical specifications, system architecture, system simulations, benchmarking of existing functions, evaluation of different solutions
- Modification of existing or new software to integrate into vehicles (ensure proper integration into test platform)
- Prototyping, equipping of demo vehicles
- Testing at component and system levels
- Debugging, testing, validation and report
- Documentation of new functions implemented
- Promoting of applications (internally and externally to customers): Participation, when relevant, to technical presentations, demonstrations and marketing events.
- Contributing to patent filing
- Plan and execute your own data gathering on platforms as needed for function testing
- Tuning of vehicle controls for longitudinal and lateral control
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering
- Engineer with previous experience in autonomous vehicle systems development or robotics (1-5years)
- Knowledge of data fusion or image processing or signal processing or robotics and associated technologies such as cameras or other sensing technology (1-5years)
- History working in software function development and its application to vehicles with hands on experience integrating and testing these
- Previous work on vehicle controls
- Strong programming skills: C/C++, Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
- Knowledge in networks (CAN, LIN, TCP/UDP, IP) - preferred
- Knowledge of ADTF, RTMAPS, Python, Java, Matlab-Simulink, Batch scripting is highly appreciated. - preferred
- Driver License with clean record (no at fault accidents in last 5 years, no violations in last 3 years, regular driving in last 3 years)
- Travel requirements: < 5%
- Self-motivated and curious, strong drive to solve issues independently but also work with a team.
- Physical requirements: Position normally functions in an office, vehicle, or laboratory environment
- High level of motivation and work ethic with an emphasis on practical, hands-on work
- Interested candidates should show us your code, send links to your own C/C++ code or projects with application
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.