6J7BI5-Software Engineer 5 - 6D6-Real Time Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hazelwood, MO 63042, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 5 to join our team at our client’s site in Hazelwood, MO.
Senior Software Architect – Web Application Development
The primary focus of this role will be to lead architecture development and execution of software development best practices, especially modern web-based applications. These training solutions will support pilots and maintainers across a wide range of aircraft systems in our portfolio to improve the efficiency and quality of student learning. In addition, our web-based application flight line tools help maintainers execute their jobs more efficiently. A successful candidate will need to have excellent team work skills, a strong agile product management knowledge, experiences working with high performing software development teams, and a proven track record of successfully architecting customer facing software products. Boeing has doubled down our focus on software excellence to revolutionize software to protect, connect and explore our world and beyond.
This role will meaningfully contribute to the development of integrated training and digital solutions linking existing and future capabilities into customer facing products. Additionally, you will help map the technologies in our portfolio to our customer’s most pressing capability needs, both domestically and internationally. This is a rapidly evolving domain with potential for high visibility impact across our training, digital and analytics portfolio.
• Defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision across an agile release train (ART)
• Prepare and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning
• Works with stakeholders to define technology infrastructure, impacted ART subsystems and interfaces.
• Works with Enterprise Architecture and other stakeholders to deploy apps within established processes, to include IT and security, on pathway to production level deployment
• Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to understand architectural runway in support of Features and capabilities.
• Help teams identify and focus on critical technical debt issues
• Passionate about developing new web-based digital solutions
• Communicates well with developers on team and key stakeholders to understand design requirements
• Excels at working in agile software development environment, including scaled agile, with a focus on automated processes
• Mentors team members on software best practices and periodically reviews or contributes to software development
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Geospatial Science, or other technical degree
• 7+ years of experience with software design, development, debugging, and performing software integration and test
• 5+ years of experience in an agile work environment
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect and/or Lead Software Developer
• Experience using DevOps/CI-CD and supporting tools such as Maven, Gradle, and Git
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience creating web-based applications successfully deployed to customers
• Experience with Defense customers, especially aircraft maintenance and / or pilot communities
• Experience with cloud services, web development and simulation experiences
• Experience on Automation and CI/CD techniques and design patterns
• Angular (front end framework)
• Type script (front end programming language)
• SpringBoot (back end framework)
• Kotlin (back end programming language)
• Server Sent Events
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.