6E3CI3-Propulsion Engineer 3 - 643-Propulsion Analysis - Air Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Everett, WA 98204, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Propulsion Engineer 3 to join our team at our client’s site in Everett, WA.
Defines requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems. Defines, coordinates and controls the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle. Develops specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Configures or designs propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria. Uses various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance. Defines and performs certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components. Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability. Develops concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements. Works under general direction.
• Supports definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
• Supports definitions, coordination and control of the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
• Supports development of specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Supports design of propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
• Supports use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
• Supports definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
• Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability and airworthiness.
• Supports development of concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements. Works under general supervision.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or related technical field of study.
• Minimum 6+ years of engineering experience
• Aircraft Systems Design Experience
• Knowledge of propulsion system analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools for aerospace vehicles and their components, including company and industry standards and practices.
• Knowledge of propulsion system components, interfaces and their design/integration variables, within aerospace vehicles. Ability to interface with engine and component suppliers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience with computer aided design software and tools.
• Knowledge of development, production and certification testing and/or qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements.
• Experience coding in Python, C++, Linux
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.