Windows Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
El Segundo, CA 90245, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Windows Systems Admin to join our team at our client’s site in El Segundo, CA.
We are looking for a System Admin to join our Space Systems Verification and Test team in El Segundo, CA on a variable shift schedule. In this position, you’ll contribute to a team responsible for the hardening, deployment, setup, and readiness of network for Special Test Equipment in factory and launch environments. The ideal candidate will lead with courage and passion with a focus to deliver results with excellence while living the clients enduring values: Be adaptable, build positive relationships, build a successful team, and be a strong communicator. Strategic decision-making skills, analytical skills, process knowledge, and the ability to influence others are highly desired.
- Develops, implements, and sustains product security and resiliency throughout the requirements, design, build, test, production, operations, and support lifecycle
- Develops and enhances system requirements and architectures for product security to meet all applicable certification and customer requirements
- Configures and ensures security of facilities, equipment, tools, data, networks, and resources used for product: design, development, build, test, storage, delivery, operations, and support
- Defines and identifies product security requirements for suppliers of components and subsystems for integration into Boeing Special Test Equipment
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- This position requires an Active U.S. Top Secret Clearance/Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) post-start
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Ability to scan for vulnerabilities, implement mitigations, install, administer, and troubleshoot the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Linux Distributions and Oracle Solaris (UNIX)
- 8570 Level II Certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+, etc.) – Preferred
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience with the following:
- NFS and CIFS network data, SAMBA
- NIS, DNS, NTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, VPN’s
- Active Directory, LDAP, Firewalls
- RAID storage
- Backup methodologies, disaster recovery
- HTTP/HTTPS (Apache and IIS)
- High level DBA skills (install, start stop, etc): SQL Server and MySQL
- Ethernet and GPIB communications
Programming experience with the following:
- UNIX/Linux shell scripts (C, Bourne, BASH)
- Python script language
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.