Sr. Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, CO 80027, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency, seeks a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Louisville, Colorado.
We are currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. The Space Exploration Systems Advanced Development Group is responsible for evaluating and pursuing additional missions for the Dream Chaser platform as well as evolving its capabilities for other commercial and government uses. The group provides an evaluation of advanced concepts for emerging space markets and the development of next-generation architectures and technologies.
Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team is applying these technologies, as well as our expertise in satellite systems, propulsion, and environmental control systems to develop new commercial low-earth orbit and deep space systems to advance the future of space transportation and exploration. In this role on the Advanced Development team, you will provide systems engineering support across next-generation space system programs including the Human Landing System, the Commercial Space Station, the NextSTEP-2 Habitat System, and Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) programs.
This group designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion, and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems, and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Thorough understanding of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification, and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Advanced Experience with requirements management and system modeling tools, such as DOORS, Rhapsody, NoMagic, MATLAB
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
- Thorough understanding of establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.