Software Section Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80013, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Section Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
In this role, you will work with an amazing team of software engineers and managers. You will gain experience with the full lifecycle of development, integration, operations, and sustainment for next-generation, cutting-edge satellite ground systems.
This position is located in Aurora, Colorado, and relocation assistance has been authorized.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Software Section Manager / Software Lead, you will be part of a team that utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development, and maintenance life cycle. This position involves managing teams of 10-15 software engineers and interfacing with program management, other software teams, and other functional groups such as Systems Engineering, Finance, Mission Assurance, and Planning.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other relevant technical disciplines.
- Experience with C++, Java, and PERL programming
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in software development
- Experience with the satellite command and control domain
- Experience with requirements development and the flow down process
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle processes including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development Methodologies
- Experience with creating and managing Risks & Opportunities
- Experience preparing bids/proposals and financial (EAC) inputs/reporting
- Experience with technical oversight similar to Engineering Review Boards (ERB) and TRB, Software Change Requests, Configuration Control Board (CCB)
It Would Be Great if You Also Had One or More of the following:
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience working on proposals including a demonstrated ability to prepare metric/fact-based cost estimates, delivery schedules, and technical solutions to meet the price to win.
- Experience handling programmatic responsibilities, including scheduling and earned value management (EVM)
- Experience with programmatic overseeing similar to Baseline Change Requests (BCRs), Control Account Management (CAM), Work Packages, Planning Packages, stakeholder presentations, metrics analysis, and reporting
- Experience with developing and managing Integrated Master Schedules
- Experience developing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs).
- Experience as Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Software Project Lead (SPL)
- Ability to provide career development and coaching to team members
- Experience evaluating and managing the performance of direct reports
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients with the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.