Senior Software Engineer, Java Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX 77001, US
Trellis Energy, a subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, is hiring a full-time Senior Software Engineer, Java to join our Trellis Team in San Francisco or Houston; hybrid model from either location. Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level software serving the energy market. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our product, client, and team successes. You will interact with all levels of the project teams including users, analysts, developers, architects, and management.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy (trellisenergy.com) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company offering the first SaaS B2B marketplace, to transform the commercial operations across the natural gas value chain.
· Full stack development, enhancement, customization, support, and maintenance of the many functions and features of a large and complex business system.
· Learn the Trellis software system architecture, frameworks, and coding standards.
· Participate and/or lead design and information flow sessions; conduct solution presentations.
· Create design specifications based on business and technical requirements.
· Develop, Enhance, Customize, Support, and Maintain code as per design and coding standards.
· Develop, update, and maintain unit test cases.
· Collaborate with the requirements team for product enhancements and implementations.
· Have your voice heard! Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding.
· Provide technical guidance and mentor other developers within the team.
· 7+ years in full stack and/or Java development, architecture, framework, and engineering.
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
· Java/JEE, Spring (Core, MVC, AOP, Security), JPA/Hibernate
· Experience with web based and object oriented design frameworks, principles, and standards.
· Relational Databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
· Application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, WebLogic.
· JUnits and JavaDocs
· Application development on Windows, Linux, Unix platforms
· IDE tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
· Experience with full SDLC processes and methodologies such as Agile
· Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
· Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex development tasks
· Proven ability to solve complex technical and business problems
· Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
· Strong listening, written, and verbal skills
· Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry
· Experience with UML artifacts for requirements, design, modeling, and testing
· Recent development experience with a software product company
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.