Senior Security Engineer - San Jose or Calabasas Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA, US
3-6 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Security Engineer - San Jose or Calabasas to join our team at our client s site in San Jose, California.
During the duration of this contract assignment, you can expect to:
- Drive activities related to risk assessment with the purpose of reducing our attack surface in compliance with the organization's information security policies
- Work with the architecture, applications, infrastructure and networking teams to determine and implement solutions to comply with the accepted levels of risk by security management
- Drive vulnerability assessment, patching, accountability, and security hygiene across the company
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate vulnerability assessment with an external partner and work closely with the BizTech Management team to facilitate risk assessment
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate patching, tracking and reassessing of the security posture
- Communicate risks and recommendations to mitigate risks to the senior administration with the ability to effectively relay concepts in both technical and non-technical formats to inform decisions
- Proactively provide news and guidance on addressing critical 0-day vulnerabilities based on business impact
- Provide support in evaluating security incidents and determining what response, if any, is needed
- Support the adoption of an information security management framework such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT roles and experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST
- Degree in computer science or a technology-related field required preferably with an emphasis on information systems and security
- Professional security certification
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to leverage automation to generate, track and gather evidence on demand and for operational and compliance purposes and to overcome security problems before they cause catastrophic results and increase the predictability of the systems
- Experience collaborating in a cross-geography, cross-disciplinary, cross-functional environment to evolve overall security practices
- Familiar with multiple facets of security related to an engineering organization: software security, encryption, data security, steganography, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high level of personal integrity
- Experience with Cloud & Hybrid computing across virtualized environments
- Capacity to move quickly and be flexible while delivering high-quality results
- Good understanding of DevSecOps mindset as it comes as an extension of the DevOps so that the teams not only achieve Development and Operations goals but also simultaneously augment them with Information Security goals
- Ability to foster collaboration so that engineering, operations and security work together from the design phase to make sure the resulting architecture and technology choices will meet the defined SLA
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.