Senior Security Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Network Engineers & Administrators
San Francisco, CA 94111, US
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our team at our client s site in San Francisco, California.
- Architect, develop and document industry best practices to support company initiatives while meeting performance and availability requirements.
- Collaborate with Product, Operations and Engineering organizations to understand requirements and develop security specifications around project initiatives.
- Research new security technologies and adopt suitable best practices to solve industry obstacles and security threats.
- Provide technical leadership within the area of expertise and mentor security engineers.
- Insuring confidentiality, availability and integrity of cloud information systems and processes across the cloud infrastructure.
- Audit all existing security standards: to include engineering designs, implementation, and guidelines.
- Handles operational problem escalations and vendor concerns related to security.
- Oversees and mentors security engineer team to deploy and maintain internal security systems such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, VPN, WAF, and vulnerability scanners.
- Well versed in security hardening for hosts, services, applications, web applications, and database applications.
- Work with business colleagues to review RFPs, RFIs etc., and provide security and risk-related input into proposals.
- Monitor the external threat environment and information security trends internal and keeps business leadership informed about information security-related issues and activities potentially affecting the organization.
- Serve as the senior information security subject matter expert for the Incident Response team and handle escalations of any possible incidents impacting the company.
- Provide guidance on prioritization and remediation of security issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation and off hours work as necessary.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Must have a solid overall understanding of information technology and information security practices and trends.
- Expert Linux/Unix Skills.
- Hands-on Public Cloud (IaaS) One or more of AWS, Azure, etc.
- Provide expertise and guidance to security engineering staff in the deployment of security tools.
- Passionate about automation, performance, reliability, visibility, and finding creative solutions to complex security issues.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic information security goals.
- Experience with any two (2) security frameworks including ISO, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, PCI, FISMA, FedRamp, HITRUST, or NIST CSF.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Demonstrable knowledge of cryptographic concepts and techniques, including encryption, hashing, and key management.
- Knowledge of Cloud-unique security risks, API security vulnerabilities and remediation measures.
- Experience using a high level scripting language for administration, monitoring and automation.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, problem solving, troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- 3+ years experience in an information security engineering role.
- Bachelor s degree in information technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in technology related field is a plus.
- Technical security related certifications are a plus:
- Industry Certifications e.g. GIAC certs and/or CISSP.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
<br></b>Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
</p><p><b>WHAT WE DO
<br></b>We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.</p><p><b>HOW WE DO IT<br></b>Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.</p>