Release Project Manager - (Korean Speaking) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA, US
6-9 Month Contract
As a release project manager, you will be working with the teams both here in San Jose and in Samsung Headquarters in Korea to assist with release management across multiple products and components.
We re looking for someone who has a strong background in managing releases at scale, and enjoy working on multiple projects on fast pace. You handle changing priorities and tight deadlines with grace. You are passionate about getting releases out efficiently and able to take an unbiased perspective while listening to opinions from all sides.
You need to be fluent in Korean as your main responsibility is to work with the Samsung Headquarters release management team on communications and coordination.
- Coordinate with Samsung release management team (based in Korea) on issues/schedule affecting releases and provide clear effective inter/intra team communications
- Ability to read/write/speak Korean fluently, native speakers preferred
- Willingness to work evening hours frequently to communicate with the team in Korea during their day time
- Be able to listen and understand the requirements and issues from all teams and maintain a neutral position
- Very detail-oriented and be able to monitor issues that would affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Coordinate and contribute to release documentation
- Communicate release details to stakeholders at all levels
- Build relationships with technical teams with the ability to influence change
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional software teams as project manager
- Detail and action-oriented
- Experience managing projects within the agile/scrum or similar methodology
- Familiarity with bug tracking and reporting capabilities of systems like Jira, YouTrack, or similar
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Love to get into the details and understand the technology you are working on at a deeper level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some prior experience in engineering or programming capacity is a plus
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
<br></b>Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
</p><p><b>WHAT WE DO
<br></b>We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.</p><p><b>HOW WE DO IT<br></b>Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.</p>