Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our client s site in Dulles, Virginia.
This position will perform network and infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security. The ability to obtain a US Government TS/SCI security clearance is required for this position (US citizenship required).
A Senior Network Engineer who actively designs and troubleshoots corporate or cloud networks and who feeds off the challenge of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- At least 6+ years of experience in network design, implementation and administration
- Strong understanding of layer 2 technologies: VLAN segmentation, VLAN tagging, 802.1x authentication
- Strong understanding of network routing (BGP, OSPF) and switching protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Deep knowledge of firewalls and client VPNs
- Experience in building/troubleshooting IPSec tunnels; understanding of IKEv1 vsIKEv2
- Strong communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Excellent time management skills
Highly valued skill sets:
- Experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Cisco Unified Call Manager
- Solar Winds suite of management products
- Multicast & QoS protocols
Education: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.