Network Designer 4 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Kent, WA 98032, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Designer to join our team at our client’s site in Kent, WA.
- Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for network transport technologies and services
- Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of network designs
- Researches, develops, documents, and deploys emerging technologies and techniques
- Prepares, deploys, and coordinates installation of complex implementation packages
- Leads the maintenance of network systems
- Develops and implements cost control action plans based upon review of the internal and sourced infrastructure
- Leads and coordinates high-level implementation planning for strategic multi-technology insertion projects
Education/experience is typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years related work experience, etc.).
- CCNP or JNCIA certifications but may be substituted with equivalent knowledge and experience of routing and switching
- Intermediate level experience and hands-on working knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and redistribution between routing protocols)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with QoS techniques across different WAN technologies
- Ability to use protocol analyzers, network sniffers and management tools, and other ‘tools of the trade’
- Experience in Cisco equipment in a network core environment
- Experience with Next Gen Security devices such as Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower
- Experience working with Cisco IPSEC tunnels and crypto maps
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills with ability to work within and across organizations that are geographically separated (including work in different time zones and on call shifts)
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced, high stress situations in a professional manner
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Must be able and willing to perform physical support activities (e.g. cable tracing/running and racking, stacking, replacing and installing hardware) as requested
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Secret or above or ability to obtain a SECRET in 6 Months of hire
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.