Motion Imagery Technology SME Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfax, VA 22033, US
Our customer has an immediate opening for a Motion Imagery Technology Subject matter Expert. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Applies advanced principles of engineering and management to solve problems involving the development of complex technology
- Oversees and manages design and development processes as they relate to the engineering of products utilizing principles and technology of physics, mathematics, engineering, and related physical sciences
- Utilizes computer technology to optimize all phases of work to include requirements management, modeling and simulation, risk analysis and formal trade study tools
- May conduct research to identify leading edge and breakaway technologies
- Researches and reports important shifts in technological landscape & implications to the company
- Actively exposes high level risks & communicates the risk trade space & mitigation strategies to team
- Collaborates with management across the company on research and development relevant to long-term objectives
- Instrumental in establishing technology & process direction for the technical community
- Directs development of technical strategies and teaming strategies across business units
- Leads large proposals with identification of cross business unit strengths and technical shortcoming
- Provides proposal teaming recommendation to shore up any shortcomings for optimum win probabilities
- Contributes to shaping major market opportunities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Significant leadership skills
- Significant ability to apply or develop highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts
- Significant ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions both written and oral
- Significant ability to easily and effectively communicate technical topics to a diverse audience both written and oral
- Significant ability to understand and apply project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls for large complex programs
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with little or no supervision
- Leads technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Leads customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Leads detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements to include: concept, requirements, design, fabrication, integration, test, acceptance, delivery, installation, training, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the System of System (SOS) level
- Leads evaluations of systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
- Required skills in 5 years Full Motion Video technologies and High speed Networking Architectures,
- 3 years Motion GeoINT experience
- Amazon Web Service Cloud technologies
- 5 years Multi-INT Analysis Archiving Systems Experience
Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be eligible for a Polygraph. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
<br></b>Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
</p><p><b>WHAT WE DO
<br></b>We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.</p><p><b>HOW WE DO IT<br></b>Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.</p>