Linux Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA 20151, US
Customer has an immediate opening on the team for a motivated Linux Systems Engineer with an agile mindset who is up to date with the latest Linux features and best practices. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
- Setting up and managing Linux systems, applications and environments and ensuring those systems comply with government security standards
- Apache web server administration and configuration
- Maintains High Availability infrastructure ensuring security compliances and high level performance while minimizing service interruption
- Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS etc
- Troubleshooting network hardware and software applications, OS upgrades, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Linux Systems Engineer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 experience
- Experience deploying, operating, monitoring, patching, troubleshooting Linux Hosts
- NFS, SAMBA, AD/LDAP integration, Web Servers, Tomcat, LVM, YUM, and Linux security hardening
- Able to install Linux servers, troubleshoot hardware/software installation and basic networking issues
- Basic familiarity with BASH Scripting, kickstart deployments
- Basic familiarity with Red Hat Satellite Server technologies
- Basic familiarity with configuring Storage Area Network connectivity over Fiber Channel
- Familiarity with Windows systems, VMWare, Hadoop, and Storage Area Networks, Big Data Analytical environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidate must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
<br></b>Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
</p><p><b>WHAT WE DO
<br></b>We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.</p><p><b>HOW WE DO IT<br></b>Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.</p>