Lead Front End Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Vienna, VA 22182, US
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Front End Engineer with React.js, to join our team at our client s site in Vienna, VA.
Looking for a Front End Software Engineering team lead role where you can write great code AND make a difference to the world? Our client helps companies design and enhance their digital systems so they are usable by people with disabilities, and is looking for strong front end development leads to support their next-generation accessibility platform development.
Front end lead engineer to drive design and build of a suite of single page applications, browser extensions, and other development centric tools for testing and remediating accessibility issues. Core UI development tools are React, Chart.js and Sass, to deliver cutting edge applications and data visualizations to our clients.
- 5+ years of extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS
- 3+ years of extensive experience with React or similar
- 3+ years of extensive experience working in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years of building single page applications based on RESTful APIs
Following Experiences a Plus
- Demonstrable "Full Stack" experience
- Demonstrable experience using
- Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket
- Jira & Confluence
- AWS: Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, ElasticSearch, SQS
- Experience working in a "Product" organization rather than just contracting or working on in-house projects.
- Experience with Web Application Security / OWASP best practices.
- Experience with accessible web design including Section 508 and WCAG
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and take ownership of features.
- Ability to look at the big picture: we're a collaborative small team and expect you to look at the big picture, and proactively anticipate problems, interact with other departments and clients, and come up with solutions.
- Lead our front end development. Work with Technology Leadership to define and implement our UI strategy and development standards.
- Write beautiful test-driven code. Of course. You are a software engineer and we value quality code backed by unit tests.
- Participate actively in Scrum. Work with Product Management and QA daily to flesh out stories and track your commitments.
- Improve accessibility. We work hard to deliver accessible solutions and enhance libraries we rely on for accessibility, too.
- Collaborate. We have internal and external clients with differing needs. We expect team members to reach out and build relationships inside the company to better understand our market.
- Learn. We expect team members to keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and industry trends so we can continue to be market leaders.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field is a positive, as is intensive job training programs or certifications.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.