IT Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Business Analyst/Project Management
Hayward, CA 94545, US
IT Project Managers are responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. This position will partner with the Management team to take projects from original concept through to final implementation and close out.
This role defines project approach and KPI (key performance indicators) of the project. In addition, this role develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
This role should be fully proficient in applying established Project Management standards and knowledge; acquired from 5 or more years of direct project management experience. This role is be responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing and managing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
This role must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Incumbent should have hands-on experience with multiple technologies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Will track and report project status to all stakeholders
- Project monitoring and control
- Time: planning, scheduling, task assignment and tracking
- Scope: tasks, dependencies, milestones, critical path, metrics, key events, risks and issues
- Resources: budget and effort (hours) estimating, tracking, reporting and forecasting
- Changes: project change requests and exceptions
- Risks: risk assessments, mitigation plans and escalations
- Comfortable to communicate and interact with all members of the project team
- Project stakeholder management
- Experience with custom application development and packaged software implementations
- Ensures adherence to compliance and quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems; incumbent might also be company's expert on specific technologies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking industry best practices; participating in professional societies
- Requires BS/BA in an information systems related major or degree in another area with direct related IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional IT experience in distributed environment with hands-on experience in multiple technologies
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or study in progress required
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization required
- Knowledge or experience with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams through influence and effective escalations
- Attention to quality and details is a must
- Ability to consecutively manage multiple moderately complex projects
- Solid working knowledge in a project's life cycle
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid)
- Learning the SCRUM master role; certification would be ideal
- This position may work with vendors directly
- Strong technical background is often required to identify and occasionally manage competing interests
- Good command of basic project tools: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, GoToMeeting, SharePoint, Team Foundation Server
- Self-starter, excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.