Infrastructure Performance Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Richardson, TX 75082, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Infrastructure Performance Engineer to join our team at our client s site in Richardson, TX.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Performance Engineer to assist in testing and optimization of computer, storage, and network resources on large High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems hosted in both private (VMware) and public (AWS) cloud environments. The qualified candidate will be responsible for creating test scenarios to ensure system performance satisfies customer requirements, including fault introduction to validate High Availability (HA) response. They will also be responsible for development and execution of Early Interface Tests (EITs) between IIS and other customer systems. This position offers the opportunity to expand the successful candidate s skills into an infrastructure architecture and development role.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Employ creative thinking to develop techniques that test system edge conditions, resiliency, and functionality
- Create scripts and other entities that benchmark system and component performance
- Develop and execute system stress tests to determine any performance defects in design
- Ability to perform post-test forensics and determine root causes of issues
An active US Government TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph within the last five years is required as of day one for this position (US citizenship required).
- Strong/Moderate Linux administration skills
- Experience with performance testing of software, compute hardware, networks, and storage
- Experience developing scripts in languages such as Perl, Python, or bash
- Ability to work as a part of a cross-functional engineering team
- Current DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II or higher certification (Security+ CE or other approved certification)
- Active US Government TS/SCI clearance with a CI poly within the last five years
- 8 years of related work experience required
- In-depth problem investigation and troubleshooting skills
- Experience investigating issues with application software and tuning applications for maximum performance
- Ability to devise testing methods for load testing and stress testing
- Experience evaluating system key performance indicators including throughput, memory, response time, bandwidth, and CPU interrupts per second
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, and automated testing
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, college/university accreditation standard
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of related work experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.