Global Trade Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Benton, AR, US
Business Analyst/Project Management
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Global Trade Technician to join our team at our client’s site in Benton, Arkansas.
The primary responsibility of the Global Trade Technician is to be a global resource for HQ, Regional, and Local, on-site, personnel for global trade functions that involve a transactional element.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures for import and export related trade functions
- Support the HQ COE for tariff classifications by administering transactional activity such as requests for tariff classifications, preliminary tariff classification determinations, escalating ‘high risk’ products per policy, ensuring standardized entry into GTS or other system for global viewing
- Support and facilitate global Embargo Country and Restricted Party Screening by reviewing screening failures, communicating positive ‘hit’ determinations, overriding determinations when deemed compliant
- Support with other import and export transactions and tasks as identified, e.g. validating tariff classification numbers against government schedules, reviewing export documents and declarations.
- Participate in periodic GT planning sessions
- Ensure compliance with standard procedures and processes
- Comply with enterprise-wide training program, coordinate with Regional and Local leads to identify training needs.
- Associates degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in trade compliance; import and/or export compliance
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work well with a team or independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and similar software tools and applications
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.