Cyber Security Engineer - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Dulles, VA.
We an immediate opening for a Cyber Threat Hunter to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is customer focused, goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations. This position will include two, six month deployments to the Middle East.
- Be conducted by a qualified Threat Hunting expert with experience in mentoring and leveraging network based metadata and similar systems
- Provide direction to the Cyber Security Center team on customization improvements to the system to achieve and evolving set of use cases
- Provide knowledge transfer to the team through various theoretical and practical activities
- Include participation and guidance in open cases as needed
- Pertain to the day-to-day Cyber Security Center activities specific to Cyber Threat Hunting mission
- Include weekly reporting to program team for inclusion in the program weekly status
Job Description Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Location: REMOTE (Customers Site)
- Act as a Threat Hunting Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with a Customer to proactively guide threat hunts, transfer knowledge to customer analyst staff, and report to customer leadership on progress
- Proactively drive hunting and analysis against the dataset available
- Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack infrastructure
- Use Big Data Analytics platform to identify threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each and compile/report findings into a finished analytical product.
- Recommend system tuning/customization and data collection improvements to client
- Using the delivered system containing Hortonworks (HCP, HDP, and HDF), Threat Intelligence (ThreatQ) and Malware (FireEye AX) solutions to identify threats, develop or recommend countermeasures, and perform advanced network and host analysis in the event of a compromise aka data driven threat hunting (and content development)
- Work with the customer and our clients team to improve and expand the toolset aka CONOPS and SOP as needed to reflect the realities of operations
- Interface with customers on a daily basis to consult with them on best security practices and help them mature their security posture
- Customer relationship building and mentoring, able to develop the customer s technical respect and trust
- Demonstrated to advanced operational experience as a Cyber Threat Hunter
- Demonstrated to advanced experience with computer networking and operating systems
- Demonstrated to advanced experience of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated to advanced experience working directly with customers to transfer Threat Hunting knowledge
- Possess good time management and written and oral communications skills
- Experience with some/all of: Hadoop, Apache NiFi, Kafka, Storm, Metron, Spark, Ambari, Kibana/Zeppelin, ThreatQ, FireEye Malware analysis
- Familiarity with: Netflow data, DNS logs, Proxy Logs
- Minimum 10 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or 8 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or 6 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.