Cloud Ops- Platform Tools Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arlington, VA 22202, US
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cloud/Ops Platform Tools Systems Administrator. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The team this position supports is leading a large government organization's move into the cloud. The goal is to provide the tools, technology, and blueprints to enable the organization to easily, quickly, and securely transition to the cloud and adopt best practices. This team is filled with VERY experienced individuals that are always looking at technology trends to improve effectiveness.
A strong candidate will have these skills:
- Comfortable coding / troubleshooting shell scripts
- Comfortable in Linux, able to build or troubleshoot systems
- Comfortable with and knows base AWS services well (EC2/EBS/S3/VPC/NACLS/SG/RDS)
- Works wells with others
These skills are a plus:
- Comfortable using code to build servers in AWS
- Has worked securing Linux Systems
- Has experience working in high scale environments
- Has worked with similar technologies listed below:
- Cloud Formations
- Gitlab (Code Repository)
- Gitlab Runner (Build System)
- Artifact Repository (Artifactory, Nexus, etc)
- CI/CD Tools (SonarQube, Xray)
- Packer For Automated AMI Creation
- CentOS Linux
- Redhat Linux
- Windows 2016 (Coming Soon 2019)
- Install COTS toolsets in a cloud environment
- Customize COTS toolsets to meet the needs of the organization
- Perform application updates and maintenance functions
- Respond to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets
- Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble calls
- Respond to management system alerts
- Deploy security patches and updates
- Participate as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customer mission
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain integrated systems to support mission operations
- Supports engineering solutions for cloud or on-premises development and production platforms
- Disaster Recovery Planning
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.