Cloud & Network Operations Center Technician - Littleton, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Littleton, CO 80120, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Cloud & Network Operations Center Technician to join our team at our client’s site in Littleton, CO.
Cloud & Network Operations Center Technician - Littleton, CO
We are a high-performance cloud infrastructure company built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
We are currently seeking Cloud & Network Operations Center Technicians to be part of our team in a office based environment in the Littleton, CO. These team members will provide 24/7 operational support for our global networks. We are looking for individuals who are technologically proficient, eager to continue learning and able to communicate well with internal teams, external vendors and customers when needed.
● Monitor and Maintain our Cloud Networks
● Monitor and Maintain our Cloud Compute & Storage Systems
● Identify, categorize and respond to Network & Compute system events
● Participate in Incident Management, Problem and Change Management
● Participate in 24/7 shift or shift/rotation schedules, in an office environment
● Provide Level 1/ 2 server support as needed
● 1 - 3 years of system administration and/or networking operations experience desirable, with increasing responsibilities.
● Intellectual curiosity with a desire to learn is a must.
● A self-starter who is willing to learn advanced cloud-computing technologies.
● Ability to work in a 24/7/365 environment, in a office/NOC setting.
● Functional knowledge of incident handling for IT related issues.
● Understanding of IP networking protocols: IPv4/6, TCP/UDP, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, etc.
● Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
● Experience with systems UNIX/Linux.
● Experience with basic switch commands.
● Experience performing system and network maintenance tasks in a highly available data center environment.
● Experience with device health monitoring software, e.g.; OpenNMS, Zabbix, Circonus.
● Strong interpersonal and communications skills
● Ability to establish documentation for procedural tasks.
● Recent college graduates in applicable fields of study encouraged.
● This position is located in Littleton, Colorado
● Shell scripting and/or additional scripting languages, e.g.; Python, Perl, Ruby, Node.js
● Experience with the following is advantageous: Automation/Scripting, Server and Network
● Virtualization Technologies, Hypervisors and cloud platforms.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.