Business Intelligence (BI) Developer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sparks, NV, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer II to join our team at our client’s site in Sparks, NV.
Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for developing innovation solutions? Join our team! As a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer II, you will work with Business Partners, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and other IT teams to ensure a tight fit between Business Intelligence/Analytics environment, business requirements, and the Data Management platforms. You are responsible for combining data from multiple sources into BI-specific data models to create meaningful reports, visualizations, and dashboards. Ultimately, your goal will be able to help your customers discover actionable insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing concepts with knowledge of ETL and Reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience with Cognos
- Strong understanding of SQL
- General experience with translating business questions and requirements into Analytics models, views, reports, dashboards, and query objects
- Understanding of data management and integration processes
- Strong problem solving and metadata skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (one or more of the following: Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, qlikview, TIBCO Spotfire, SAP Business Objects, SAP Crystal Reports)
- Data profiling skills
- Understanding of SQL-based relations and multidimensional designs
- Working knowledge of Analytics tool architectures, functions, features, and customization options
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.