Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA 95002, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Accountant to join our team at our client’s site in San Jose, CA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities
- Maintain fixed assets and prepare reconciliation and roll-forward schedule
- Ensure proper authorization and recording of new capital purchases, transfers, and disposals
- Perform the annual fixed asset confirmation process
- Review credit card reports and record transactions in ERP
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Provide internal and external audit support and coordinate audit requests
- Assist in the implementation of new ERP system
- Ensure SOX compliance for all assigned area of responsibility
- Propose and implement process improvements
- Assist in other areas of accounting and complete ad hoc projects as needed
SKills: Experience with Syspro, Oracle, or NetSuite ERP is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong teamwork and project-related skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven enrivonment
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel skills
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting environment, public company experience is a plus
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.